- Fry off diced carrot, onion and celery until soft then add sliced mushrooms. Mix in a can of chicken soup, a handful of frozen peas, some tinned sweet corn and some pre-cooked chicken, left over from a roast or from the deli.
- Pour into a pie dish and scrunch sheets of filo pastry into loose balls and cover the top of the pie. Brush with butter, beaten egg or milk if you’d like.
- Bake at 180C for 20-25 minutes until the filo pastry is browned and the filling is hot.
Sweet potato frittata
- Chop a pepper and blast for a minute in the microwave to soften. Do some frozen peas at the same time. Cube a roasted sweet potato (I had one left over from a roast) and add the peas, pepper and tinned sweet corn.
- Fry the mix briefly then pour over beaten eggs. Cook until mostly set then either flip to cook the other side or finish under the grill.
Creamy mushroom pasta bake
- Cook your pasta.
- Meanwhile, whisk equal parts melted butter and flour to form a roux then add some cream cheese and cheddar and whisk until melted. Add the cheese sauce to the drained pasta and add sliced mushrooms and frozen peas, plus ham if you’d like.
- Put the mix into a baking dish and too with more grated cheese then bake at 180C for 20-25 mins until bubbling.
- Into a plastic bag, put a squirt each of tomato ketchup and honey, a sprinkle of paprika, some minced garlic, a glug of soy sauce and splash of vinegar.
- Add chicken pieces and massage the sauce over them then leave to marinate in the fridge for a few hours.
- Pour everything into a baking disk and bake for 45-50 minutes, basting occasionally.